- Make flash cards. Use red for the vowels and black for the consonants. Have someone hold the card for you at eye level. When you feel you are ready to spell the word, cover the card and write it. If you make a mistake, start again right away by looking at the card, don’t keep struggling through it. Repeat until you have it mastered.
- Copy, cover, write, check
- Write the words in alphabetical order
- Write the words in rainbow colours, three times each
- Write your words with silly letters, three times each
- Type your words with different fonts, three times each
- Write your words with bubble letters, three times each
- Air trace or carpet trace the words, three times each
- Spell the words using scrabble tiles
- Write the words on a white board or a chalk board
- Have a friend or family member say the word, and write it
- Consonant search – write all of your dictée words and circle the consonants
- Vowel search – write all of your dictée words and circle the vowels
- Accents search – write all of your dictée words and circle the letters with accents
- Pyramid words – write your dictée words adding one letter on each line until you have a pyramid.
Take a practice test every day